Saturday, October 07, 2006

What Does It Mean to Dream?

I have spent the past 24 hours breathing in my Arbonne business. After being around so many people and having only 5 1/2 hours of sleep, I am surprisingly alert and energetic. During this time, I have been challenged about what my dream is? Typically, dreams are something I think about but don't expect to happen. After watching clips from the movie, Rudy, I think differently. So, I asked the question, what is my dream?

My dream, is what God has placed on my heart. My dream is only partially shaped and is slowly being revealed to me. My dream is what drives me to get closer to God. My dream is what gives me excitement and passion. My dream is for the church to develop and deeper spiritual community. This could take shape in so many ways. It could be through deeper small groups, it could be through having spiritual directors and friends, it could be through individual opening themselves up to be truly seen. No more happy facades, no more my life is all together. No more, people going through painful circumstances and glibly stating, "God has a plan and purpose" while wincing and trying to act like it didn't happen. It means people being real with one another. It means when something painful in my life happens, I can talk about the pain and experience the pain while being surrounded by an incredibly gracious and merciful God and a community of people who hold up His light and support each other in the pain. It means helping people find God in the pain. Again, this isn't teaching them things to say when they hurt that is supposed to make them feel better, but it is teaching them to fall on their knees in front of their Abba and holding tight to him and growing deeper in a relationship with him. In order to experience God more, we need to be modeling what it is like. God created us in his image (imago dei), we are bearers of that image in so many ways. I don't think we realize how every little thing can reflect God's glory or show just how far we have fallen from that glory. This is my dream. No, that's not true. It has become my dream, because it started with God, not me. I am on a journey where there is no clear path and the fear is turning into excitement. God has a purpose for me. He has a task for me to complete. WOW! God wants me to do something for his kingdom. And you know what? He wants each and every one of us to do something for him. None of us is without purpose. We are called by our Creator to shine his light and do his work. How awesome is that!

I am humbled that you would trust me with such a task God. I pray I am like the servants who took their talents and doubled them and that I would not hide your talent in the ground. Guide me, show me where you want me to go. Please do not let me be led astray from the whisperings of the enemy or this world. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment