Wow! I can't believe I haven't blogged for over a month. I completely skipped over Christmas on this blog and now it's 2007! Craziness!
Well, here is the low down on what I have been up to. Since I last blogged, I had a major blow-up with some of the people that hire me for independent contract work and with some people I used to work with at the mental health center. This was ugly. I was ugly. I had a great deal of anger, resentment, and bitterness towards several people. I remember looking at myself and seeing how black and sinful I could be. YUCK! I am still struggling some with what happened and needing constant divine help in dealing with it. I think, had I not called on God, things would be much uglier and I would be extremely ugly on the inside. I am still working on forgiveness. This situation has made me awe at how God forgives us. I know it is hard for me and yet he was willing to die for me so that I could experience His forgiveness. WOW! It is overwhelming. And because it is overwhelming, I know that if God can forgive me, I need to forgive them. It's just really tough. I think I am doing alright and then, WHAM, something happens and I realize I am still holding resentment and bitterness. This situation took up the better part of the first part of December.
Another thing that happened was I didn't have my computer for a week. My power source died and I had to wait for a new part. I didn't realize how much time I spent on my computer until I was without it. I about went stir crazy. I still had online shopping to do for the holidays and email is one of my communication lifelines.
After I got the new part, I had to leave for my nephew's wedding in Nebraska. Okay, so that was somewhat weird. Here is my nephew and he is getting married before I am. We're only 10 years apart, but it still seems wrong somehow. Hopefully, he waits to start having kids and I beat him on that one. If I have a great nephew or niece before I have children of my own, I think I might cry. His wedding was great. His wife (that's weird to say), Stacie, seems like a wonderful person. I am very happy for him and I'm looking forward to when I get a chance to get to know Stacie better.
After his wedding, I went down to Kansas to spend a few days with my family. Well, a few days turned into a week! A blizzard hit Colorado and Western Kansas and I was "snowed out" of Colorado. I couldn't go back until December 23. The whole time I was there, I didn't have Internet access on my computer and their computer is dial-up and takes forever to work, so I opted out of blogging then. Also, I got sick the night before the wedding and was sick the whole time I was in Kansas. It was great getting to see my sisters and nieces while I was back. I have missed my family and I need to try and get back sooner (it was 2 1/2 years since I had been back to visit). I do have to say, my time there was relaxing, since I didn't really go anywhere, but I was certainly ready to get back home. My cats were freaking out with me being gone so long. Agape developed a very nasty habit. He ended up peeing and pooping all over my bed, peeing in my clothes hamper, and peeing on one of the cats chairs. I have to now close my bedroom off anytime I leave the house for fear he will "act out" again. He also acts like he wants to go in the hamper or in my clothes basket, so I get to escort him, on occasion, to his litter box. Once there, he goes to the bathroom fine. It is rather annoying. I feel sorry for him though. I lost quite a bit of wait while I was gone. I could feel his rib cage. The poor thing was just really distressed with Mommy being gone for more than 2 days.
When I got home from Kansas, I had more adventures waiting for me. I made it back to Colorado fine. I stopped off at PetsMart (I bought presents for the bubbies since I was gone so long) and at the grocery store. I made it to my neighborhood and got stuck in snow when I almost had the car in the garage. It took myself, Erin, and the neighbor, and hour and a half to get my car unstuck and in the garage. I think I moved about 500 pounds of snow. I hurt for three days afterwards. I'm so thankful for our neighbor, Kurt, because I would have never gotten unstuck if he hadn't come to help. When I got in the house I discovered that Agape had peed on my bed twice and it had soaked into the mattress. I had to start unpacking and doing laundry. I started with my bedding as it was covered in cat urine. I had to spray down my mattress with special cleaner and allow it to dry before flipping the mattress over for a urine free side of the bed. As I was doing laundry, I went into our basement and noticed that one of the pipes had a small leak. AHHHHH! This was not the homecoming I was anticipating.
The next two days were Christmas Eve and Christmas and I was busy getting the house clean and going over to my aunt and uncle's house. My uncle had to come and get me and Erin because our cars would have never made it up their street. It hadn't been plowed at all and there were huge ruts and other hazardous road conditions. He has a 4 wheel drive Jeep and was able to make the trips. The day after Christmas, I crashed and slept most of the day, then it was back to work. I finally got my car out on Wednesday (a week after the blizzard hit) and then on Thursday night, we got another storm. All pathways that had been cleared were now filled with snow again! It was crazy! Now, it is snowing again and there is a snow and blowing snow advisory out for tonight and tomorrow. We are supposed to get another 4-8 inches. They still haven't gotten everything cleared off from the last 2 storms and here comes round 3. I wonder if it is going to be like this all winter. I think, so far, Loveland has gotten around 3 to 3 1/2 feet of snow in a two week time period. I know the city is working really hard at getting the snow removed, but there is so much, it is hard to keep up with (plus, it keeps snowing). School was supposed to start back up again yesterday and they cancelled it for the rest of the week because a lot of sidewalks are still impassable and kids would have to walk in the street. Obviously, this is not safe for the children. The high school went back today, but that is all. We'll see if they cancel school in the morning or not.
Well that is the low down and some of the obstacles on why I haven't blogged for so long and what has been going on for me over this past month. On another note, I have applied for a full-time job that is with a faith based organization. I am hoping to get a call soon about a possible interview.
I think that is it for now. I will write before another month passes again.\
Happy New Year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment