Sunday, September 16, 2007

I Love My Computer

I know, I know, my title is funny. But, seeing as this is my first time back on my computer for over 6 weeks, I think I need to appreciate my computer. My power cord went out on my laptop and when I finally got around to taking it into Best Buy, it had already been a couple of weeks. I had to order the part (they didn't have it at the store) and they told me that they would mail me a label to send the old one back, which could take up to 1 week. They then told me that it would take another 3 weeks to process it once they got the old part back. Well, three weeks have passed and no mailing label. My cousin's husband decided to have a go at it and he fixed it! Hooray and thank you, Christian!


Things have changed a lot for me.

My job has improved greatly and I am enjoying it now.

My cousin and roommate got married and I am living on my own.

I am going to be in a Bible Study starting next week.

I've had the chance to go to the mountains several times this summer. I took a ton of pictures! I will have to post a few of my favorites later on.

I had to get all new tires on my car, which cost a pretty penny (actually pretty dollars).

I have a new puff quilt for my bedroom that my mom made for me (THANKS MARMEE!). It came with pillow shams, curtains, and a new cover for my vanity chair. It is very beautiful. I hope to paint my room to match my new bedroom accessories.

My garden has been beautiful this year and I have enjoyed it immensely. I am becoming very drawn to gardening, although I am still very much a novice. I am looking forward to the new things I can plant next year. My herbs did so well and I have enough dried basil and oregano to last me a couple of years.

My friend from college, Sara, came out to visit me for a couple of days. It was great getting to see her.


I think those are the main highlights that I can talk about right now. I know I will have more things to share as things develop.



One of the things I am doing now is reading a book called Captivating: Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman's Soul. It has a guided journal that I am also doing. So far, it is interesting, but I haven't gotten very far. The journal takes some time to complete, so I am not reading the next chapter until I finish the corresponding section in the journal. I will post any interesting things I learn.

It's good to be back.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:23 AM

    What is the Bible Study? and Do you find Dave Hingsberger's blog as creepy as i do?
    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Bible Study in on the Book of James. We are doing a 12-week series at Timberline on the Book of James and it is called Real Life Stuff. I am doing the study with Lyndsey and John.
    I will admit that I like Dave Hingsberger's blog. It can be "unusual" at times, but I have learned a lot from him in regards to working with the DD population.
    Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. It's nice to know someone is reading my ramblings rather than it floating out in cyberspace.

    ReplyDelete