Okay, I feel a bit better now. At least, more relaxed. I've been researching prices to go on a trip. I am amazed at how inexpensive of a package I can get to visit England. I will have to figure out a way to save up so I can go. I even went online and filled out my passport renewal application. I've always wanted to go to England. Even if it is only a week in London, that would be amazing. I could always take other trips later. I don't think I could leave my bubbies alone for more than a week. There's so much to see in London that I think I would have to focus there first. Subsequent trips could be to other areas of England (Oxford, Cambridge, Bath, etc.). I also want to visit Ireland. Those are my main points of interest. It would be great to see Italy and France, but they are lower on my list. I also plan on visiting Poland in the future, since my friend, Iwona lives there. Poland was very pretty when I was there in the 90's.
Work has been extremely frustrating for me as of late. As if a person couldn't tell from previous blog entries. Don't get me wrong, I love my job at Good Shepherd and I can't imagine working anywhere else. However, there are current situations which make it difficult for me to complete what absolutely needs to get finished. The only way I could get everything done would be to work 80 hour weeks for the next month. I can't sustain that. It would burn me out too badly. If people would quit having crises or not be high maintenance, that would help. Actually, if everyone could leave me alone for 2 weeks, I could probably get things done. I don't want any visits, any phone calls., or any emails. If that was eliminated, I could actually get my paperwork part done and then, hopefully, keep up with the rest of the rat race.
I desperately need a vacation. I am worn out and need some quiet. I can' t afford to go anywhere, but that's okay. Honestly, what I would love to do would be to spend time with my friend, Barb, along with reading and studying. A trip to visit a couple of museums in Denver sounds nice, too. It would be nice to cook meals during the daytime that are leisurely and with a glass of wine. I have glorious images of sitting curled up with a good book and either a glass of wine or a pot of tea. SIGH. That sounds quite heavenly, actually. No deadlines, no appointments, do demands from people - that sounds just as nice as going to a tropical location or overseas.
Right now, I am enjoying listening to Norah Jones and drinking some Bailey's Irish Cream (just a little bit since it can go to my head pretty fast). I have a new book I can start reading, too. My friend, Barb, and I are going to work through the book together. It is by one of my old seminary professors, Dr. Bruce Demarest. It is called Satisfy Your Soul. It deals with building an authentic relationship with God. Here is what the back of the book reads:
"Find solid, biblical direction and personal insight as you join Dr. Bruce Demarest in his study of the life-long process of inner transformation. Discover with him the timeless spiritual guidance of the Christian classics essential to help us develop an authentic relationship with God today. Gain a balanced, biblical understanding of Christian practices such as silence, mediation, contemplation, journaling, and spiritual direction. Filled with resource listening, deep personal application questions, and Bruce's story of his own contemplative journey, discover the path of inner transformation that will lead you to know God as an intimate friend."
I hope it provides new insights and movement towards a deeper relationship with God. Well, here's to a quiet weekend.
Hey, do I hear England=Europe???? When are you thinking of going?
ReplyDeleteThat would be great since you have dreamed so long about it! Let me know when you go, if you do. Maybe I could meet you up there and spend some time. You can find some cheep flights to England here as well. It would be great to explore England with you...an maybe find you that English husband of yours! :-)
By the way I am pregnant again! So, make it by August! :-)
Hmmm...you would have to get your boss to agree to your time off request. I hear she's been rather feisty lately, so good luck! Remember to drink some Bailey's for me ;)
ReplyDelete