Sunday, October 12, 2008

Slick Politics, Sticky Issues, and Who's Responsible

I'm not much for blogging on the current political climate, but I am appalled at the consistent coverage regarding Biden's master ability at sounding like he knows what he is talking about, when he really doesn't. Granted, Sarah Palin may not be well versed in certain political areas, but it is obvious to the normal lay person. Biden is the true used car salesman politician. He's all mouth and sounds like he knows what he is talking about, but in reality he is just as clueless as Palin. Unfortunately, he tells lies about things that the average American wouldn't be able to tell were true or not, because we are ignorant to the fine details of politics and we just injest what the media tells us rather then investigating the facts. Unless you are a politician or very into politics, you wouldn't know Biden is making grievous errors because he talks so well. What is scary to me is this is a man who has been in Washington for many, many years. Palin is still relatively new to the political rat race, but shouldn't Biden be up to speed on almost everything. Alas, it's because he has been in Washington for so long and Palin is still somewhat of a newbie, that people assume he is telling the truth. He isn't and unless we really look and investigate what the candidates are saying and try to find out the truth ourselves through research, we will make a decision in November based on how someone presents. This way of making a choice is not good logic.

I will admit, I was all about Obama during the primaries and I was prepared to vote for him as the next president. But as I do my research, I find that this man whom I once admired is now someone I feel very wary about. Granted, McCain/Palin have many shortfalls, too. I continue to read about both parties. No candidate is going to be perfect. No candidate holds all the answers. However, when I see such slick maneuvers as pulled by Biden, mixed with Obama's views on abortion, I don't feel entirely safe with them running the executive branch of our government. I will continue to read their views on their web pages and continue to mull over the issues. I hate voting based on a single issue, but if a man promotes such a culture of death through abortion on demand, partial birth abortion, and letting babies surviving from botched abortions die, how is he going to promote life in the US. How is a man who confesses to be a Christian allow such an extreme level of carnage. The abortion issue is sensitive to me for several reasons. First, my mom's doctor told her, when she was pregnant with me, that she has enough kids and should terminate me. Would the absence of my life impact the life of those around me positively or negatively? Second, even if I didn't believe life starts when a new DNA pattern is formed and therefore that life is valuable and precious, a partial birth abortion and abandoning babies born after botched abortions would still be revolting. These babies are still viable. How is that not murder? Is it just because one woman decides it's an inconvenience for her to actually have the baby and deal with adoption that it makes it okay to kill a viable child? How can I potentially vote for a man who promotes this level of killing. There are many things I like about Obama, but I can't ignore that he promotes a culture of death through abortion. I can't ignore that he thinks government can fix all our woes, when in reality, it can't. In regards to other issues, I think both have feasible plans that might work. No one knows perfectly how a candidate is going to work out. Who we think will be a great leader turns out to be rotten and the ones we thought wouldn't cut it turn out to be great leaders. Sometimes, politics is a crap shoot. Obama's idealism and hope is contagious and may be what wins him this race. Words are only words and the real test is what happens when it is time to be a leader. I wish we as a nation would take the time to review the issues and base our decisions based on what the candidates support rather then their charisma and public speaking abilities.

I think many people are erroneous to put so much blame on our current president. I don't agree with everything George Bush does and I think he has made some huge errors in judgement, but he isn't god and can't control everything. We have three government branches that share much of the responsibility for our current cultural and economic climate. If we are hurting as a nation, it is a shared responsibility between all the political parties and we as a people. We need to quit blaming Washington for all the failures in our country and take a look at ourselves. What can we do as individuals to help deal with the problems and afflictions we now have to deal with? Can we, as a nation, stop relying on government to fix everything and stop blaming them for everything that is broken. We are products of our culture, refusing to take responsibility where appropriate and pointing fingers at someone else. I do it, too. Everyone does and we will continue to spiral downwards until we take responsibility for how our choices affect our nation. No matter who wins this election, people need to realize that the president cannot fix all our woes. Congress cannot fix all our woes. We need to stand up and do our best to fix what we can. We need to press forward and do our part, making it easier for our representatives to do their part.

Well, what turned out to be a comment on articles I have read about Biden turned out to be much more. Thanks for allowing me to express my views.


Biden, the master gasbag - Los Angeles Times

Obama's Abortion Views: http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=OGM5YzIzYTExNjIyZmExODY0MzQyZDUxNmRmNmU1NmM#more

No comments:

Post a Comment