I had quite the day today. I went out with one of the people serviced in my program and we played tennis. We had a good time, but I was absent minded and forgot the sunscreen. My arms got burned. They aren't too bad, but any burn isn't good for you. We then went out to lunch and talked politics and religious symbolism in movies. It was quiet lovely. When I got done, I made some phone calls and then headed out to Gulley's Gardening Center and bought some flowers. I got home and watered the yard, took a shower, and promptly fell asleep, despite my attempts at resisting.
My cat, Dante, is now trying to make it difficult for me to type by laying on my chest and left arm. However, I had both hands on the keyboard and I can still go at it. Oops! He got offended that I was paying more attention to typing then him. Sorry, Bubbie.
Oh, yes, I should tell you what flowers I bought today. I bought some yellow and white gazania's. These are really cool because they have purple around the center. I got three different colors of petunias, a Lantana, 2 things of violas for the front porch, some basil and dill, columbine seeds, moss rose seeds, and I think California poppy seeds. No, no, I'm not going to grow poppies and make opium! YAH! :)-
I was so tired tonight, I just watered them and let them be. I will plant them either tomorrow night or the next. I am so excited to see my flowers grow and bloom. My cacti are getting buds. Normally, I think they are a big nuisance. I would not have thought of putting them in my garden, but the previous owners put them there. However, when I first saw them bloom, I was blown away. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. One has yellow flowers and the other pink. My red yarrow is about to start blooming and the yellow is already in full force. A lot of my succulents are also blooming. I will have to take some pictures and post them. My rock garden flowers are also blooming. My lavender has doubled in size and is developing flower buds. My columbine has multiple flowers on it. Oh, I just love it all.
I am seriously thinking of having a brunch at my house, outside, for my providers. We will see. I just want to have time on my porch and enjoy other people. At the very least, I should have my girlfriends and their adorable babies come over. I am also thinking of having a tea party. I love tea parties and things associated with tea. I promise not to make it too girlie, Dawn. :)
Well, I should check a few things for work, since I will be at a training in the morning and then a Good Shepherd Employee Recognition event in the afternoon. Both are in Denver. It should be fun, but it does make it difficult to get things done. Oh well, I will just enjoy what I can. If I constantly worry about how much I have to complete, I won't enjoy days like today and tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment